Skip to the content
- explainshell.com – match command-line arguments to their help text
It looks like this does a little more than command help does.
- Create an Instant Web Server via Terminal Command Line
- Internet Explorer 11 To Load JPG Images Up To 45% Faster
- How to ship good design — Medium
- PageSpeed Insights
How does your site score for page speed? This site gives scores on mobile and desktop.
- how to blog about code and give zero Bleeps
Can apply to other parts of the web, not just developers. Write about what you are doing!
- Photoshop CC update brings open source ‘Adobe Generator’ tool for real-time image asset generation | 9to5Mac
Really great feature for developers/designers slicing up PSD’s! BTW, only available in Adobe Creative Cloud.
- On Creative Leadership
- The Parallels Between Personal Health and Website Health
Great analogy, Chris!
- Safari Push Notifications – Apple Developer
With the next release of OSX, you can do push notifications from your website through Notification Center. Too bad that user needs to be running a Mac and Safari. Kind of a small niche.
Another cool interactive music video from Arcade Fire.
- Responsive Navigation On Complex Websites
- WordPress 3.6.1 Maintenance and Security Release
We finally got the bug-squishing .1 release of 3.6. Looks like there are some security things in there too, so update ASAP, kids!
- Designing The Words: Why Copy Is A Design Issue
- Sustainable Value in WordPress Products | @thetorquemag
This could be applied to any product, not just WordPress. A good read on Product Value.
- Starting to Write CSS
This does a good job of summing up what css should look like today.
- Progressive Enhancement Is Faster
TLDR “I’m open to examples to the contrary, but I don’t think a JS-rendered page can beat a progressively enhanced page to rendering core content”
Native look for web apps
- Flat And Thin Are In
It’s crazy how fast these design trends grow.
- Designing For Emotion With Hover Effects | Smashing Coding