Skip to the content
- Stock photos that don’t suck — Medium
- SVGMagic – Great jQuery SVG fallback plugin
I had found a Grunt extension that did this, but didn’t know it could be done on the clien side.
- Feature-zilla! Will Featureful Kill Usable on the Web?
- Google releases tool to let devs bring Chrome apps to iOS & Android
Another tool to make cross platform “native” apps.
- As CNN mobile traffic hits 40%, editor calls web vs. apps debate ‘red herring’ | Poynter.
- Dot Navigation Styles
- Google Map Builder by MyNameIsDonald – Build a Google Map for your website in just a few clicks.
- Beyond Bootstrap and Foundation: Frameworks You’ve Never Heard Of
- OptionTree WordPress Plugin
I had an old site that I needed to add a Theme Option to quickly. Ideally you want to use the Theme Customizer, but this isn’t bad for a quick and dirty solution..
- 10 HTML Tags You May Not Be Using
- What is an MVP (Minimum Viable Product)?
- 2014: The year we all go 4K
Mo pixels, mo problems.
- Fast Enough – TimKadlec.com
100ms is how long you have for the user to feel like the task was instantaneous. 1.0 second is how long you have for the user’s state of flow to remain uninterrupted (though the delay will still be noticeable). 10 seconds is how long you have before the user loses interest entirely and will want to multitask while the task is completing.
- BeyondCompare for OSX
The new beta is now supporting Mac!
- Rethink the Airline Boarding Pass | PeterSmart
- How QuarkXPress became a mere afterthought in publishing | Ars Technica
Not exactly web related, but most of us coming from the print world can appreciate this.
- Intel Interview – “Mobile First” – Luke Wroblewski wrote the Book | Showyou
- Off Topic: Target point-of-sale terminals were infected with malware | PCWorld
It sounds like the admin logins to the Target POS may not have been using two-factor authentication, which would have made a brute-force attack easier (even if only accessible over VPN). My first question was, “Why is Target holding credit card numbers?” But it sounds like the malware was scraping RAM on the machines, so the info wouldn’t need to be saved in order to be compromised. Many lessons will be learned from this, and Target is the one that will take almost all of the financial hit (Est. $50 million by Gartner financial fraud analyst Avivah Litan) for this. Consumers will more-than-likely not be affected financially at all.
- Ugh. Checking out files with Perforce | Tvenge Design
After using Git, I’ve found that I really don’t enjoy Perforce. This is one of my worst annoyances with it (and a pseudo-fix).
- Chrome number of hosts limit
paul_irish: Chrome re-confirmed that the 6 connections-per-host limit is the right magic number.
- Facebook buys Branch
- Ten reasons we switched from an icon font to SVG – Ian Feather
Let’s face it, the easiest way for vector icons is Font Awesome. Maybe we should start using SVG’s.
- Discover the world’s best mobile UX
- CSS Blend Modes could be the next big thing in Web Design — Web Design Technique — Medium
- HTTP Archive – Interesting Stats
Average image weight per webpage is now over 1MB.
- UX is not UI | Experience Design at Hello Erik
Don’t get the two mixed up. They are very different.
- Spacegray — A Hyperminimal UI Theme for Sublime Text
My new favorite ST theme. And it’s “flat” design! Everyone loves “flat” cuz it’s not skeuomorphic! Flat! FLAT!!!!!
- Front End Ops – Ian Feather
No more throwing code over the wall.
I love what Harry Roberts is doing with vertical rhythm. It’s pretty painless once you put the time in on your initial css reset.
Those generic CSS colors are pretty ugly. These are ones that look a little nicer.
- Bulls**t Overlays | Brad Frost Web
Are overlays the new carousels?
- The 20 biggest logo redesigns of 2013 | Logo design | Creative Bloq
Minneapolis design shop Duffy did the MOA rebrand.
- Setting Up a New Mac on OSX for Web Development
- Endangered species of the Web: the Link
LInks are what made the web great. Let’s not forget about them and use them properly.
- 50 Problems In 50 Days: The Power Of Not Knowing
- SVG Drawing Animation | Demo 1
- SVG Files: From Illustrator to the Web – Design & Illustration – Tuts Tutorials
- 4 UX mistakes that are killing your conversions
- Web Performance Waterfalls from 10,000 Feet
- Best WordPress snippets, hacks and tips from 2013
- Data Monday: Mobile Holiday Shopping 2013
- What is the DOM?
- Happy 17th Birthday CSS | Web Directions