Sorry, I took last week off and there are a lot of links this week. Enjoy!
- PHP Tips, Resources and Best Practices for 2015
- [E2] A showcase of beautiful landing pages
- The Pros and Cons of Working with Freelancers
- Things You Should Separate From Your Theme
- A new Microsoft browser?
More on the supposed new browser. If it runs trident, that doesn’t mean much for web devs.
- The 12 most popular web performance posts of 2014
I <3 performance.
- A Good Front-End Architecture
These tend to apply more to web apps and larger websites IMO, but still some great takeaways no matter what your project might be.
- 10 Web Predictions for 2014: The Results!
- Top Ten Signs You're a Designer
- BEM Mixins
What a great idea!
- Material Shadows Mixin
- Technology resolutions for 2015
- Powered by Movable Type
Poor MT. Looks like there are still a few people using it.
- Average Page Weight Increases 15% in 2014
- How To Migrate To HTTPS – Google Docs
- Well, That Escalated Quickly
A response to his “Inadvertent Algorithmic Cruelty” post.
- 2015 Trends and Predictions for Web Design
- iOS 2014: A Year in Review
- Common WordPress Issues and How to Fix Them
- Docker and Phoenix: How to Make Your Continuous Integration More Awesome
- Cohesive UX
- How to use video to effectively drive online sales
- Introducing Sass-Compatibility
- Adding Functions to Your WordPress Theme Framework
- Sliding Header Layout
- Has flat design gone too far?
Just like every other trend; probably.
- Digital Project Manager Tools | Anders Andersen
- Fifty Actions of WordPress – Series Finale
- Getting Started with Gulp
The alternative to Grunt.js.
- Introduction to Creating Your First WordPress Widget
- UX How-To with Luke Wroblewski – YouTube
ICYMI: All the UX videos LukeW did this year.
- Chris Wright – Experiment: Flexbox Adventures
- Naming Things ◆ 24 ways
- Retake performance
- Microsoft reportedly working on brand new web browser for Windows 10
- Meet for Learning ◆ 24 ways
- No More var_dump – Introducing Symfony VarDumper!
var_dump is the console.log() of php. Very useful.
- Points of Confusion in Agile
- The Top UX Trends of 2014