- More Essential Plugins for WordPress Theme Development
- The CSS at…
- Angular and templating
More comments on the Angular discussion.
- Time to check your data usage? The average page served to mobile devices is now 1 MB in size.
I’ve been trying to fight this for some time. The last 2 sites Matt and I have created have been 385k (hoverboardstudios.com) and 623k (superiorcampers.com).
- Getting Started with Myth: the Preprocessor of the Future
Sigh. Another preprocessor? Can’t we just settle on Sass already?
- Ever Heard of Must-Use Plugins?
Yes, I have. Always forget to use it.
- UX is Key to Branding. Here’s Why.
JS MVC: good or bad. This seems to be the new debate as of late. This is a response to an anti-Angular post on PPK.
- Scroll Slow. Have Fun.
Awesome! No JS/CSS animations. Protip: Use arrow keys instead of scrolling.
- 6 of the Best Free Contact Form Plugins for WordPress
The #1 feature people want outside of WordPress Core features.
- GravityView raises the bar for WordPress video advertisements
I love this just for the Jonathan Mann video.
- (Ab)using CSS3’s :nth-child selector to invent new ones | grack
- What’s New in QUnit 1.16
Unit testing is the bomb-diggity. I just need to start doing it now.
- Mobile First
Interesting points on Mobile First from a hardware point-of-view.
- Paying for Web Design vs Squarespace
I don’t have enough room here. Post on ryantvenge.com to come…
- MTV’s Responsive Design Boosts Metrics on Mobile & Beyond
- Input: Fonts for Code
- Hover.css – A collection of CSS3 powered hover effects
- 25 Tips for Intermediate Git Users
- Designing For Print With CSS – Smashing Magazine
I’m always intrigued with print stylesheets.
- How we use web fonts responsibly, or, avoiding a @font-face-palm | Filament Group, Inc., Boston, MA
Ya know when a site loads with no text and has to wait for the font to load? Yeah, this avoids that so that a websafe font loads first, then your custom font pops in when it’s downloaded.
A list of current cross-browser bugs with Flexbox. A good thing to have bookmarked.
- Mixin for Offset Positioning
- Reinstall IE8 ievms
Might have to look into this as an IE testing option.
- Mobile Web is retail’s big winner and loser for holiday shopping
Native hasn’t completely taken over.
- A Brief History of User Interface
Some thoughts from Brad Frost on “just” doing things to get them to work.
- Battery life: Apple’s solving for x
“So far Apple has behaved as if the battery life of the iPad and the iPhone are perfectly fine as is, and that it would prefer to create a thinner and lighter model to one that puts the makers of external battery packs out of business. Except for that iPhone 6 Plus. That thing’s a monster.”