Another week, another article roundup! I’ve been very intrigued with this debate over front-end MVC’s such as Angular, Ember.js and Backbone. You may see an uptick in articles about this subject over the next few weeks.
As always, if you have any feedback on Article Roundups, leave a comment. Thanks for reading!
- AOL is shutting down its Apple blog TUAW
As The Verge says “There goes another one.”
- Simple CSS-Only Row and Column Highlighting
Jeremy on Web Components. I find myself aligning with his opinions.
- Your favourite app isn’t native
- Adobe is suing Forever 21 for pirating Photoshop
duh. If you are a big company, spend $50/month.
- 1 out of 6 internet users in the US don’t have broadband access
- iPhone Screenshot Maker
I’ve been looking for an iPhone screenshot tool for some time. This one adds a nice iPhone frame around your screenshot.
- WordPress Theme Creation With Underscores – Tuts+ Course
This is the defacto “blank theme” for developing WordPress themes from scratch. It’s in Tuts+, but they offer a 30 day free trial.
- Introducing CockpitCMS – a CMS for Developers
- @extend Wrapper a.k.a Mixtend
- Hobo for Mac – The best way to manage Vagrant and vagrantfiles on your Mac
This is really dead simple. Easy enough where you could pass this VM onto a PM or Designer with no issues. One thing I’m not sure about is how you keep your WordPress code updated for those users.
- How you can help to improve WordPress
- YouTube drops Flash for HTML5 video as default
- Updates for the F12 developer tools in the Windows 10 January Technical Preview
Some updates to the ever-improving F12 Tools in IE.
- Microsoft reveals its Internet Explorer successor will support extensions
Kinda have to these days.
- My thoughts on Squarespace (and other site builders)
- Fun with line-height!
Vertical rhythm is something I have really taken to, and line-height is fundimental to it.
- CSS Level 4 Selectors to Watch Out For
- The ultimate guide to SVG
SVG is IE9 plus and polyfills are pretty easy. If you aren’t, you really need to be using SVG. No need for responsive images.
- 5 Beautiful and Responsive Footer Templates
- illustrator-svg-exporter · GitHub
Exporting SVG’s in Illustrator kinda sucks.
- Facebook’s new app for developing countries is just 252KB
- Visiting an Angular site with Opera Mini.