Skip to the content
- Starting a Refactor with CSS Dig
- Accessibility Wins
- the origin of the <blink> tag
- HTML Special Symbols
There are lotsa advanced enities out there…
- Introducing the IE Diagnostics Adapter for third party developer tools
Wait, you can use Chrome Dev Tools on IE??? Mind blown.
- BEM 101
- Browser representatives on CSS [selector] performance
In case you were still concerned, no, css selectors are rarely a performance issue.
- Should designers learn to code?
Good question. “Yes!” (says the developer). Seriously though, there are good arguments for both sides.
- 7 Ways to Optimize Jenkins
For those CI folks…
- What is the WebP Image Format (And Why Does It Matter)?
- WordPress to be bundled in Jetpack with mission to power 50% of the web
- Loading CSS without blocking render
criticalCSS has been my solution. Check out the articles I wrote in the last week about it.
- FOUT, FOIT, FOFT
Argh, FOUT. So annoying to deal with.
- Using CDNs, Compression, and Minification to Speed Up WordPress
- ARIA Bones: Simplifying WAI-ARIA
- Tips & Resources for Enhanced Checkout Forms
- How to Test for Internet Explorer on Android, iOS, and Mac OS X
- iPhone Killer: The Secret History of the Apple Watch | WIRED
- Command Line Power User
zsh is awesome and really useful if you are in the command line at all.
- WordPress Functionality Plugins
Yes. Yes! Everybody should be doing this.
- Theming Form Elements with Sass
- Let Links Be Links
- Using HHVM With WordPress
At WordCamp Atlanta this last weekend, Nic Rosental talked about different stack configurations. a few of his stacks used HHVM and it seems to really blow other php options out of the water. Worth looking into.
- DevTools: State Of The Union 2015
Addy Osmani talks DevTools.
- A closer look at Project Spartan, Microsoft’s Internet Explorer killer
- “Project Spartan” in the Windows Technical Preview build 10049
We can start to use Spartan (if you have a preview installed).
- Server Side Mustard Cut
Clever way of speeding up Mustard Cutting.
- How to Separate the Good WordPress Hosts from the Bad
- A Picture is Worth a Thousand Bytes
Some great loading animations.
- Primer by GitHub
GitHub’s little Bootstrap.
- Building Better Interfaces with SVG by Sara Soueidan
Great slides on why you should use SVG’s over other technologies.
- Die PNG. Die! How to use vector icons in your apps.
I’m all-in on SVG when possible. No repsonsive images and generally lighter-weight.
- Microsoft Q&A on the SitePoint Forums
- NHL GameCenter Live is Steadily Getting Worse – Winging It In Motown
Normal users complaining about the UX of a web app known as NHL GameCenter Live. As an nhl fan, I can understand these complaints.
- Use the Right Web Performance Tools for the Job