I am pretty much a WordPress guy these days, but I do have one legacy site on CMS Made Simple. I was migrating it over to my new Ubuntu server running Nginx, and was having issues.
CMS Made Simple was thinking for some reason that the site was using SSL. I’m guessing the test for SSL wasn’t compatible with Nginx. I pinpointed it down to the fact that CMSMS was adding a
<base> tag at the top of the site that contained
After a few hours I figured out the fix. You can tell CMSMS to disregard this
<base> tag with one line of code in your
$config['showbase'] = false;
That’s it. I didn’t see this specific fix out there at all, so I thought I’d make this quick post. I’m not sure why this tag is there to begin with.