- Better SVG Fallback and Art Direction With The <picture> Element
- Add support to ActionScript in HTML from Carlos Hoyos on 2015-02-14 (email@example.com from February 2015)
As outlandish as it may sound, there is some merit to this request.
- When You’re Hacked in WordPress: Dealing With a Hacked WordPress Site
I’ve had to do this once or twice. It’s not too fun.
- Awesomplete: 2KB autocomplete with zero dependencies
- Preparing for ECMAScript6
- Server-side rendering of Single Page Apps
Good ideas to make JS-based web apps suck less.
- Ridiculously Easy: Use WP-Smush.it to Speed Up Your WordPress Web Performance
I have been using EWWW, but this seems to do the same thing: losslessly compress images automatically after upload.
- How Timehop Onboards New Users
This is a new blog I started following where he disects onboarding flows from different apps. Timehop is one I use.
- If you like HTTP then you’ll love HTTP 2.0
The first overview of what http2 is. This won’t be the last we hear of this.
- 60FPS is the new Image Replacement Technique
I thought this statement was a little over-the-top at first, but give it a read. He makes some great points.
- 5 Reasons to Use jQuery
I agree that we shouldn’t just stop using jQuery, but for sites like hoverboardstudios.com, I didn’t want to load the whole library for one DOM traverse. Like anything else, it’s a pragmatic judgement call on each project.
- Animated Text Fills – SVG text with animated dashed stroke pattern
- Font Loading Revisited with Font Events
I’ve just recently made font loading suck less on ryantvenge.com and hoverboardstudios.com. I did get a little lazy and just added a “fonts-loaded” class to the <body> after page load and added the font-family on that body class.
- Animating List Items
- I am the fold
- Building a Multi-Line Chart Using D3.js
- .htaccess Snippets
I mostly use nginx where I can, but it’s great to have these snippets when you are working on an Apache server.
- Google and blogs: “Shit.”
- ‘International Verify Your Backups Day’ ↦
- Rewriting History with Git Rebase
I’ve always been told to never rebase. But there are reasons.